Barcelona airport’s design and infrastructure complies with all regulations and requirements for those who may have a disability or impairment.
Access to and from the terminals
- There are designated parking bays for the disabled at the closest point to entry of the terminals
- Access to parking on different floors via elevators on T1, T2 A and T2 C. Access from parking area and T1 is via a walkway and a lift, access from T2 and the parking areas is via a treadmill.
- Markers on the road clearly showing the start of pedestrian areas
- Access from T2 to the train station via a lift and a walkway, access to the train from T1 is via a shuttle-bus service.
- Access to the various airport areas via specially adapted revolving or sliding doors
- Access to the various levels by lifts
- The new lifts are fitted with text or Brail commands
- Toilets for disabled
- Information counters for those in wheel chairs
- Specially adapted phone booths
Information for people with limited mobility:
- Information centres with literature available about the facilities for people with limited mobility
- Information regarding the rights of passengers with limited or reduced mobility, this information is also available in Brail.
- Easily identifiable people (wearing green jackets) who can communicate using sign language.