Josep Tarradellas Barcelona-El Prat Airport’s design and infrastructure complies with all regulations and requirements for travellers with a disability or impairment, and provides a free assistance service for passengers with reduced mobility.
Passengers are advised to request the support service on the Aena (airport authority) website at least 48 hours in advance, and always report their needs to the airline in order to ensure a seat on the plane.
Aena also places a telephone helpline at the disposal of those with reduced mobility, attending their needs 24 hours a day.
Tel: +34 913 211 000
General support services include:
- Information centres with literature available about the facilities for people with limited mobility.
- Information regarding the rights of passengers with limited or reduced mobility – also available in Braille.
- Easily identifiable airport staff (wearing green jackets) who can communicate using sign language.
Located conveniently throughout Josep Tarradellas Barcelona-El Prat Airport
Aena has an information and chat service line for passengers with hearing and/or speech impairments.
This services allows users with these impairments to contact the Information and Customer Service Line from their computer, tablet or smartphone, and access the chat without the need for other people to act as their intermediaries.
The service is available from 7am to 12 midnight, 365 days a year.
Access To and From Terminals
- Designated parking bays for the disabled at the closest point of entry to terminals.
- Access to parking on different terminal floors via lifts.
- Markers on the road clearly showing the start of pedestrian areas.
- Access from T2 to the train station via a lift and walkway; access to the train from T1 via a shuttle-bus service.
- Access to the various airport areas via specially adapted revolving or sliding doors.
- Access to the various levels by lifts.
- Lifts fitted with text or Braille commands.
- Toilets for the disabled.
- Information counters for those in wheelchairs.
- Specially adapted phone booths.